Saturday, September 14, 2013

So much has happened

This week I survived school, found friends and also started playing on two lacrosse teams, one in Bonn and the other in Cologne. After my first day, people started warming up to me, asking me questions and someone would take me to every one of my classes because apparently there was no way I could find them on my own (which I realized there was no way I could find anything on my own when I walked out the door thinking I was going to the street and I ended up in a courtyard). Anyways, I figured out german kids are more reserved than Americans cause I had more people talking to me at the end of the week than at the beginning. 
And now lacrosse. I went to the first practice Tuesday and it was only 7 girls...and only one had actually played before. Then I found out there was practice in Cologne Wednesday night too. So me and the other girl, Marlene, took a train just to go to lacrosse practice but it was worth it. Now I'm on two teams and I have practice Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in Cologne from 7 to 9 and then Saturday morning from 11 to 1 in Bonn. This morning it was raining, but we still had practice and thankfully the rain let up! We practiced with the guys (there was only 4) and at the end we scrimmaged. Somehow I was defending the tallest, biggest guy...when I'm the smallest girl. I was actually doing pretty well considering I didn't even reach his shoulders, but after a while we just started laughing at the whole situation. After practice we got brownies one of the girls made and there was a small keg of beer one of the workers gave the guys....so some guys had brownies and beer. Good combination right? Lacrosse practice on Wednesday was in Cologne and it went much smoother than the one in Bonn, and I made a lot of friends from it! Well minus the girl I hit in the leg when we were doing bounce passes (really don't get the point of those) and she made a big deal about it.....whoops. But the team in Cologne plays in tournaments and I can't wait!! 
This week has made me so incredibly tired all I want to do is sleep! Even though school isn't that hard, it's exhausting trying to understand and making friends, but going to lax practice is a nice break and practices this week have reminded me how much I love it! 
Emmi got hit in the nose by another kid when they were playing with wooden blocks...thankfully her nose isn't broken! 

A favorite game when I was younger that Emmi plays 
Chocolate from Switzerland! 

No comments:

Post a Comment