Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Guys I think I have friends!

Today was the second day of school and I had German class, English and Biology. Andddd I made friends. I think. 
My first class of the day was English, and I had it for an hour and a half. We're reading a book called looking for Alaska which is ironically about a boy going to boarding school. Of course since I was the American I had to read the book out loud....but apparently all the German kids liked how I read! Then a German kid said something in English, which made sense, but the teacher said it was wrong then asked me what Americans would say and when I responded with what the kid said in the first place (I don't remember what it was), the class laughed and the teacher then said well British English is different than American...and then another kid goes yeah American is better!
And then there's friends. I literally think I just have friends because I am an American. Not even kidding. But then again I really don't mind cause they're friends! When one guy asked how old I was (he's a native English speaker) and I said 18, he laughed then said no I don't believe you. Great to know I don't look 18...and then they don't understand why I came to Germany, even though I keep saying its to learn German and for the experience. 
With all my free time, Hella (the grandmother) and I went to rewe to go grocery shopping! And I bought sushi for my lunch anddd a Ben and Jerry's mini ice cream. Now I'm relaxing (surprisingly German schools have barely any homework, unlike Saint James, but then again I may have just missed the fact we have homework) and watching the OC with German subtitles! Coincidentally, it's one of my host mother's favorite shows so she has the German version! 
Emmi loves to just sit on my bed and either play games on my iPad, look at pictures of my cat, or watching tv with me (even though she doesn't understand it). 
I have lacrosse tonight, but it's not a real practice. The coach is just going over rules, plays etc for the girls that don't know that much, and I'm going just to meet people! I have practice Tuesdays 6-8 and Saturdays 11-1


No comments:

Post a Comment