Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Playing catch up

Well a lot has happened! I'm settled in now, playing lacrosse most evenings in either Bonn or Köln and then go to school during the day. I have actual friends now, but most of them think I can't understand anything they say in German (it's hilarious cause I can understand them and they talk about me).
Friday I went shopping with a friend (I hate shopping but I actually needed a sweater and I figured it be a good thing to do with a 15 yr old girl) and then my friend came from Belgium to visit me! Joe took us to the Haribo outlet store where the factory used to be but now it's just a huge store full of really cheap chocolate and gummies! However, I only bought 5€ worth (see mom? Self control) and I still have most of it left. Unfortunately, I ate so much Sunday and didn't run or work out so I didn't exactly sleep that well....Joe also took me and Yoann (my friend) to a Japanese-Korean restaurant where I got sushi for dinner! It was great. 
Monday at school I wasn't in the best mood since it was Monday after all, I hadn't slept that much and I was in school instead of sleeping, and two 15 year old boys had decided to attach themselves to me. During a 20 minute break between classes I walked to the rewe (grocery store) to buy an apple and coffee...and they followed me. They are my friends, but when I'm tired I have even less patience than normal (and I don't have a lot of patience to begin with) so I kinda ignored them. Until we saw an American jacked up truck (like one you'd see in Rockbridge) and the kid started talking about it...and not very nicely either! I just turned around to him and said you do realize I can understand pretty much everything you say and he just gets a look on his face and starts talking to me in German, and when I responded with all the right answers (in English though), he got a shocked look on his face. That was the highlight of my day! But when we finally got to Rewe, one went wait why are we here? And the other said I don't really know. I just followed her....then we went back to school, they got my phone number but it was bad decision on my part to give it to them! I had tutoring that afternoon and when I checked my phone I had four typical messages from a 15 year old boy....saying Hey! Then another one how are you? 😄 And the other two just like that. But it was amusing, and they don't mean any harm, so as long as they're not too annoying it's okay. 
In English class we're reading Looking for Alaksa by John Green and in the book the main character has a fake ID, which I had to explain the laws about drinking, being 21 and then what a fake ID is to the whole class. And then somehow the teacher got the idea I had one, and asked to see it...and I just looked at him and said I don't have one....
After school, I made Oreo balls! The grandmother and I were both home, and I was in the kitchen making them. I tried to reach something up in the cupboard and a box of pasta ended up flying at me, which surprised me and I went to go ah! but because I have a sore throat it more came out as a squeak. After that whole ordeal, we were both laughing really hard. Then later when I was dipping the Oreo and cream cheese combo into melted chocolate, she came in, laughed at the fact I have Oreo, cream cheese and chocolate all over my hands and actually probably some on my face as well. She then just walked out and said its a catastrophe! (Which was true). 
So far, Germany's been great, minus being sick and tired! But I'm keeping busy and making friends, which is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment